Renaissance Theater is holding auditions for two musicals
The Renaissance Theater has announced auditions for the next two musicals in the 2022-23 season.
The first is the Tony Award-winning rock musical “Next To Normal,” with book and lyrics by Brian Yorkey and music by Tom Kitt. It explores how a suburban household copes with crisis and mental illness.
Next, the Renaissance features an encore performance of an audience-favorite “Sister Act,” with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Glenn Slater, and a book by Bill and Cheri Steinkellner. It tells the story of a woman hidden in a convent who helps her sisters find their voices as she rediscovers hers. This upbeat musical is based on the hit 1992 film.
Auditions are open to artists of all ages. All diversities are encouraged to submit as Renaissance maintains an equal opportunity policy.
The deadline to audition is August 2. Auditions are held virtually by submitting a video to the Renaissance Theater Casting Team or in person on August 1 at Theater 166. For more information on shows, roles, or how to audition, visit rentickets.org/audition.
College News and Notes
Jerry Hartman of Mansfield was initiated into the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, the nation’s oldest and most selective all-discipline collegiate honor society. Hartman was initiated at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Hartman is one of approximately 25,000 students, faculty, professional staff, and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year. Membership is by invitation only and requires the nomination and approval of a Chapter. Only the top 10% of seniors and 7.5% of juniors are eligible for membership.
The following local students received diplomas in early spring:
University of Miami
- Chelsea Alt, Mansfield, BS Commerce, Certificate, Accounting Major, China Business Program
- Bryson Friebel, Shelby, BS in Commerce, Majoring in Finance
- Cassidy Hanner, Ontario, (magna cum laude) BS in Kinesiology and Health, Major in Nutrition
- David Haring, Mansfield, BS in Commerce, Majoring in Marketing
- Julia Kocher, Lexington, (magna cum laude) BS in Engineering, Certificate, Major in Biomedical Engineering, Pre-Medical Studies, Leadership
- Cameron Kozlay, Mansfield, BS in Kinesiology and Health, specializing in Sport Leadership and Management
- Fred McLaughlin, Bellville, BS in Applied Science, Major in Engineering Technology
- Abryanna Damoff, Ontario
- Heba Fathala, Ontario
- Olivia Fisher, Shelby
- Map Tiara, Mansfield
- Carlee Secrist, Mansfield
- Hannah Tonn, Mansfield
The undergraduate degrees awarded were Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts (Music), Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Social Work, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing.